HANSE RACE 2013
A Cruiser-Race between the Hanseatic Cities June, 30th - July, 17th 2013
Organizers: German Offshore Owners Association e.V., Warnemünder Segel Club e.V.
The Hanse Race Principles
- The scoring will be done in ORC, IRC, DH and SRS for the racers, regarding the rating certificates the participants hold. For each rating with at least 3 yachts a price will be given. The scoring for the overall trophy will be on ORC ToT Offshore.
- Each leg will have a patronage by a sail club.
- A pure “Cruiser Class” without rating will be sailed as well with particular shorter courses!
- Charter yachts are welcome. The Company Sports Association of Hamburg has donated the "BSV Baltic Cup for Charteryachts".
- The concept is a gentlemen’s regatta where any desired legs can be chosen (no need to participate in all legs) and participants may enter for a cruiser class without scoring. Several clubs will organize the event, so each club takes over a patronage for one leg of the regatta. The races will be technically managed by the German Offshore Owners Association using our new online software SAILBOOK, which is free for use for all organizers and yachtsmen. This will give the participants the opportunity to create a sail logbook with photos and position tracks while racing.
- The concept keeps the costs and overhead as low as possible. No extra boats are required on the water for race management, after a gate start the finishing times and GPS positions will be taken by the participants with their smartphone photos of the finishing mark. The entry fee is 100€/yacht/leg, harbor fees are not included. Parties will be spontaneously organized.
If you would like to know more about the Hanse Race please contact the organiser:
Under the patronage of Hamburger Segler-Verband e.V.